Everyone loves to speculate and the internet is the best place to do it. While listening to Kendrick Lamar’s newest album DAMN. I decided to check out what Reddit thought about it, specifically subreddits like ‘R/HipHopHeads’ and ‘r/KendrickLamar.’ Most of the comments regarding DAMN were positive, and deservedly so, it’s a phenomenal album. However, I kept seeing references to the second album. Immediately I thought to myself, “Jesus, it’s been like 12 hours since this was released and people are already asking for more.” But, that wasn’t the case.
There’s a conspiracy floating around Reddit stating that Kendrick Lamar might be dropping another album this Sunday, April 16. While I’m hesitant to believe conspiracies in general and especially conspiracies about celebrities, the evidence presented is much more believable and rooted in fact than a lot of the clickbait you see on a daily basis. From conspiracies that Kendrick is pulling a Jesus, dying and rising again this Sunday, to comparisons to 2Pac, to a revenge conspiracy involving Kanye West, Reddit has done an incredible job of scraping together bits and pieces of evidence that point towards a potential second album from Cornrow Kenny.
Below is a list of some of the theories pointing toward a second album:
- The “2Pac/ Kendrick” Conspiracy (This one seems a little far fetched, but stranger things have happened.)
- The “Crip/ Blood Contrast” Conspiracy (Seems pretty plausible)
- Flying Lotus retweets speculation post. (Ehhh, doesn’t hold much weight)
- On The Heart Part IV Kendrick says, “I said it’s like that, dropped one classic, came right back ‘Nother classic, right back My next album, the whole industry on a ice pack With TOC, you see the flames.”
- The “No physical copies for sale because it will be a double album package” Conspiracy. (Maybe?)
- The “Kendrick Dies in DAMN. and rises from the dead in second album” Conspiracy. (Sounds nice, who knows.)
- The “Kendrick will drop no album because he’s dead and wants revenge on Kanye” Conspiracy. (LMAO, this one is a little farfetched.)
Written by Jesse Wiles